Are you up-to-date with the latest trends in social media and public relations? Does content development, copy writing, event outreach, and editing fill you with excitement as an aspiring practitioner?
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing communication strategies to measurably increase awareness of Matchbook Creative and its clients. This full time position reports to the Social Media Manager and collaborates across the agency with all departments.
• Support Social Media Manager with content development and writing
• Advise social media content based on public relations initiatives
• Work with Social Media Manager to develop influencer campaigns
• Develop and write content for clients and agency
• Blog writing
• E-newsletter writing
• News release writing
• Pitching to media
• Event outreach and communications
• Identify speaking opportunities
• Work with content teams and account teams to serve clients
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or a related field
• 1-2 years work experience in public relations, communications, or journalism field
• Experience/familiarity working with social media software for reporting/analytics
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Copywriting experience is a plus.
• Strong proofreading/editing skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects that have deadlines
• Ability to anticipate, identify, organize and analyze growth opportunities
• Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing and electronically to a variety of audiences
• Ability to analyze information and make timely, appropriate decisions
• High level of integrity and initiative
To apply, send resume and cover letter email@example.com